About Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC | Your Source for Water and Industrial Technology
Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC is a solution provider, equipment supplier and distributor for waterworks and water/wastewater treatment equipment and industrial technology serving the Commercial, Industrial, and Municipal industries, throughout West Texas, New Mexico, Northern Mexico and the Mexican mining industry. Clowe & Cowan serves the domestic and international market, it is a minority-owned and HUB certified company.
Currently, the company has two divisions: Paso-Tex Industries (PTI) and Grupo C y C de México. Together, they complement a complete turn-key set of offering in engineering consulting, quality, and service.
The company supports the community through organizations such as: The Boys and Girls Club of El Paso, Life Ministries, USA-MEX Joint Venture Orphanage, and the University of El Paso Texas through internships.
Clowe & Cowan has sustained, throughout the years a loyal customer base including clients in the municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, industrial, mining, contractors, refineries, power plants, food & dairy industries, and commercial industries. Major customers include: major municipalities, water plants, mining communities, energy plants, land developers, entertainment companies (hotels and golf courses), and state and local government entities (water districts).
The Story of Clowe & Cowan | From 1922 to Today
In 1922, in the city of Amarillo, Texas, two men by the names of Frank Clowe and John Cowan founded Clowe & Cowan, a distributor of water and wastewater industrial equipment. In 1967, the El Paso office was opened with incorporation as Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, Inc. In 1989, Mr. Art De La Torre became the principal stockholder and was elected President of the company. 1993 marked the opening of the first international office in the Republic of Mexico, Grupo C y C de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico. A second office was subsequently opened in Ciudad Juarez.
In 2007, Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC acquired a small service company, EPAC, that was subsequently renamed Paso-Tex Industries. In December of 2012, North Star Capital invested in the growth of Clowe and Cowan of El Paso, LLC.
Throughout the years and with rapid industrial expansion, Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC expanded its selection of brands. Product lines were also added to target other industries that required pipes, pumps, fittings, valves, and motors along with the expansion and acquisition throughout West Texas and Mexico.
We strive to be international leaders of technology and quality infrastructure solutions developing today’s water resources for the future.
Clowe & Cowan continuously provides, distributes, and supports high-quality water and wastewater systems and components, with services applying in a proven engineering approach to planning, procurement, assembly, delivery, and startup. Its continuous self-improvement allows Clowe & Cowan to adjust and provide quality service to national and international communities. Our professional expertise and strong relationships result in superior customer value and timely response delivered at a fair and honest market price.
Our Team’s Legacy
As the company approaches 100 years of successful business, our customer service pledge is renewed to continue the same honest practices set by our founders. This approach enabled the growth of municipal, industrial, mining, agricultural and commercial customers throughout West Texas, New Mexico, the North of Mexico and the Mexican mines. Similarly, the growth of Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC has been made possible with the cooperation, patronages, goodwill, and friendship of those who find this company to be their most dependable source for solutions. The legacy continues with distributors who supply merchandise, supplies, parts, and services, promptly and correctly. Clowe & Cowan of El Paso, LLC is committed to continuing the legacy!
- Clowe & Cowan, Inc. 50th Anniversary Catalog